The best way to print a single journal entry in QuickBooks Online is by printing its transaction report:
- Open/edit the journal entry so you are viewing it in the Journal Entry screen.
- At the bottom of the screen is a Related Activities and Information box. If no links are showing here, click the arrow to the left of the box to expand the section.
- Under Related Reports and History, click Transaction Journal. A Transaction Journal report will open.
- Click the Print button at the top of the report.
To print multiple journal entries on the same report, you will need to customize a Journal report:
- Go to the Reports tab and click Report List.
- On the left click on Accountant & Taxes.
- Under What are the details of recent transactions? click on Journal.
- On the top left of the report click on the Customize button.
- Choose the desired dates.
- To add a column for the name listed on the journal entry you will need to add the Customer, Vendor or Employee column by clicking on the Change Columns button. Then go to the Selected Columns Section: and remove the Name column.
- On the left click on Lists.
- To the right of Transaction Type click on the drop down menu and select General Journal.
- Click OK.
- On the bottom of the Customize Report window click the Run Report button.
- On the top left of the report click on the Print... button or Excel... button to customize further in excel and then print.
Back to top